Governor Cuomo has extended the State of Emergency to December 3, 2020. General Business Law 399-z(5)(a) states “It shall be unlawful for any telemarketer doing business in this state to knowingly make an unsolicted telemarketing sales call to any person in a county, city, town or village under a declared state of emergency or disaster emergency as described in sections twenty-four or twenty eight of the Executive Law.” This applies to real estate licensees. Licensees can contact For Sale By Owners ONLY if they have an identifable purchaser. In addition to the prescribed penalties under the Law licensees may face action against their licenses. Protect your license! Business to business calls are permitted as long as the number called is a published “business” number.
Sign up for Monthly Newsletter
- Article on Pandemic Increase in House Prices January 8, 2021
- CoreLogic Report shows Increasing Home Prices Decreasing Affordability January 6, 2021
- License Extension set to Expire December 23, 2020
- Jan 2020 Life and Homes Magazine Ad December 21, 2020
- CE Grandfathering Done July 1, 2021 November 7, 2020