- Training: The Mold Program will protect consumers by requiring contractors to obtain appropriate training prior to being licensed to perform mold assessment, remediation or abatement services.
- Licensing: Contractors will not be allowed to advertise or perform covered work without the required license, with limited exceptions such as home or business owners performing work on their own properties.
- Minimum Work Standards: The Mold Program also establishes new minimum work standards for mold assessments and remediation activities by licensed professionals, including:
- Protection against fraud by prohibiting the performance of both the assessment and remediation on the same property by the same individual;
- Protection against fraud by requiring an independent mold assessment to define the scope of the remediation work;
- Identification of disinfectant products, consistent with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency standards;
- Provision of personal protection equipment to employees, as necessary;
- Posted notice of the project and the contractor’s licenses; and
- Completion of a post-remediation assessment.
Click Here to Visit the NYS Dept of Labor site for Details.