The controversy surrounding the manner in which listing aggregators (such as realtor.com or Zillow) display the names of the listing broker, the listing agent and the advertising agent has returned to the forefront. In the last couple of weeks the California Regional MLS, the nations largest MLS, with over 108K subscribers, has instituted a new rule 12.16.5 requiring that “a) Who is the Listing Agent &, Broker b) Who is the Advertising Broker and c) How to contact the Listing Agent or Broker.” Click on the link above to read the complete rule. In the same time frame, real estate giant Realogy, has proposed a change to a REALTOR® rule that would require that the contact information for listing agent and broker be displayed on website listing pages as least as prominently as that of any advertising agent on a site. The National Association of REALTORS® MLS Technology and Emerging Issues Advisory Board will take up the proposal and issue in the coming week. For more information visit articles written by Andrea V. Brambila, on September 09, 2021 for Inman News Service, an interesting read.
Sign up for Monthly Newsletter
- Mortgage Courses Now Available Online September 18, 2021
- Listing Broker Attribution heats up…Again September 13, 2021
- 2021 CNY Parade of Homes September 7, 2021
- AQB Makes Course Changes PERMANENT August 24, 2021
- NYS Senate Passes S2132B Increasing Required Hours for Broker to 77 Hours March 4, 2021