To Apply for Licensure you must:
- be at least 18 years of age at the time you apply
- have never been convicted of a felony (although the NYS Department of State (DOS) could choose to issue a license upon review of certain circumstances
- be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., have a work authorization card from U.S. Immigration & Naturalization, or have a work permit from a sponsoring employer
- be in compliance with child support laws as outlined in 3-503 General Obligation Law
- have successfully completed a Department of State approved 75-hour qualifying course – Click Here to Visit our Class Schedule
- be sponsored by a NYS licensed real estate broker – there are many Licensed Brokers, in Central New York, who gladly accept sponsorship of new salespersons-this requirement does not have to be met before taking the 75-hour qualifying course and we will expand on the process of selecting a Broker during our program.
- pass the NYS real estate salesperson examination