Professional Career Center, Inc.
6443 Ridings Road – Suite 108
Syracuse, New York 13026
General Email: [email protected]
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice/Disclosure
Professional Career Center, Inc.. owns, operates, and maintains procareercenter.com (Site).
This Site follows the safe harbor provisions of 17 USC § 512, otherwise known as the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DCMA). As such, Professional Career Center, Inc. will respond to written notification of copyright infringements in accordance with the DCMA.
To file a notice of infringement with either the website owner or the ISP, you must provide a written communication that sets forth the items specified below. You may be liable for damages if you materially misrepresent that the website or a web page is infringing your copyright.
(1) A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
(2) A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
(3) An address, a telephone number, and an e-mail address where Professional Career Center, Inc. can contact you;
(4) A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
(5) A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
(6) Your electronic or physical signature.
Professional Career Center, Inc. may request additional information before removing any infringing material. Professional Career Center, Inc. may provide the alleged infringing party with your e-mail address so that that person can respond to your allegations.
Pursuant to Title 17, United State code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Professional Career Center, Inc. Designated Agent listed below.
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3)(B) if a complaining party does not substantially compy with these requirements, its notice will not serve as “actual notice” for the purpose of Section 512.
Professional Career Center, Inc. Designated Agent:
Cindy T. Smith, President
6443 Ridings Road – Suite 108
Syracuse, New York 13206
Online Course School Policies
NYS Department of State (NYS DOS) regulations require that courses must be taken and completed within 12 months of the registration date including passing the in-person proctored (at NYS DOS Approved location) Course Final exam. After 12 months, courses will automatically expire and will not be accessible. To get credit for a course, you must complete 100% of the online course. Under no circumstances will you receive any credit for courses in which 100% of the lessons were not completed. Passing the required Course Exam is required within one year of registration. NYS DOS regulations allow for 2 attempts in successfully passing Course Exam.
Real Estate Qualifying Courses
Once you pass the in-person proctored course final exam, you will be issued your course completion certificate. The New York State Licensing Exam is separate from the Course Exam and you must pass both to obtain a license.
The school will notify the state that you successfully passed the course.
Real Estate Continuing Education
At the end of the course, you may print the student affidavit and certificate for your records.
The course certificates you receive upon completion of a course should be maintained by you and submitted to the Department of State in the event you are audited. Failure to prove completion of the requisite education could result in a fine, suspension, or revocation of a license.
On-Line Course(s) Refund Policy
Refunds are available up to 5 calendar days after the date of enrollment. Refund requests must be made by email to [email protected]
Refunds are available up to 10 calendar days after the date of enrollment as follows:
There are no refunds for textbooks purchased as part of a Package. The retail cost of Salesperson Textbook is $74.95.
To request a refund, contact Professional Career Center at [email protected] or 315.432.1045 Tuesday through Friday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM or Saturday 9:00 AM to Noon.
Closed Sundays, Mondays and major holidays.
Class Room Course Policies
- Payment in full is due at registration, except as notated.
- You must attend class for the hours required by law (NYS DOS 10% absence allowance for classroom courses) to receive a certificate of course completion.
- You are responsible for your attendance record and for passing any required examinations.
- Required books and course materials may be required (See Course Offerings).
- To receive Real Estate Continuing Education credit you must produce your “pocket card” and/or New York State Drivers License.
- Cancellation Policy: Requests for cancellation must be received in writing no later than ten days prior to the class to avoid penalty. Written cancellation requests received within 10 days of the course will be subject to a 25 percent refund processing fee. Cancellations within 48 hours of start of class will receive a school credit for a future class (valid for one year), minus a 25 percent refund processing fee. NO SHOWS forfeit entire tuition.
- Checks should be made to ‘Professional Career Center.” Returned check fee is an additional $30.00. We process online credit card payments through Authorize.net. The school does NOT receive your card information. Cash (exact amount) can be accepted at the school please call (315) 432-1045 to arrange a time.
For over 30 years, the Professional Career Center, a NYS Approved Real Estate school, has offered Real Estate and Appraisal professionals prelicensing and continuing education courses as required by New York State regulations. Whether in the classroom setting or on-line we consistently strive to provide interesting and informative courses to enhance our students professional development and/or start new careers.
Professional Career Center, Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.procareercenter.com website and the 315.432.1045 mobile application (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- ServiceService means the https://www.procareercenter.com website and the 3154321045 mobile application operated by Professional Career Center, Inc.
- Personal DataPersonal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage DataUsage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- CookiesCookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Professional Career Center, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Professional Career Center, Inc. may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Professional Career Center, Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Professional Career Center, Inc. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Professional Career Center, Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Professional Career Center, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Professional Career Center, Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Professional Career Center, Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Google AnalyticsGoogle Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Google Ads (AdWords)Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/adsGoogle also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- FacebookFacebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: [email protected]
- By phone number: 315.432.1045
- By mail: 6443 Ridings Road